Do You Want to Get Motivated?
Follow on Twitter and I'll get you motivated!
IF YOU WANT GET FREE MOTIVATIONAL, SUCCESSFUL AND INSPIRING QUOTES ON YOUR CELL PHONE? SO GOTO MESSAGE AND WRITE "FOLLOW GOLDENWORDS_UK" THEN SEND "PAKISTAN, AFGANISTAN, NIGERIA & USA - 40404, INDIA 53000, - CANADA 21212, INDONESHIA - 89887, BANGLADESH - 9594, UK- 86444, AZERBAIJAN - 4040"

Overcoming My Stutter – 4 Key Lessons To Build Confidence

A rough childhood leads to problems later in life. This is a fact so be careful as to what you expose your children to. I could go on and on about what happened to me but I don’t feel like blaming anyone or feeling sad about myself.

I will admit that I felt so powerless throughout my life that I developed a stutter. This resulted in a really bad case of social anxiety and I couldn’t talk to save my life.

The brief moments that I would open my mouth, I would limit myself to sentences that only required a couple of words. There was no way I was going to try and talk more than that.

I started going to the gym at age 14 and after 7 years of perseverance I finally felt like I had control over my body. Control over my body meant control over my life. This realization was crucial to also overcoming my stutter.

I really hope that any of these lessons can help those who have any sort of anxiety.

This is what I learned.

Lesson 1 – Have Faith

The reason why I stuttered was because I kept envisioning in my head all the possible scenarios that could go wrong. I kept picturing every single word that I was going to stutter on.

This is the worst thing that you can do. I was digging my own grave. If I believe that I’m going to stutter, then I will stutter.

You have to believe that you are going speak fluently. You have to believe in your heart that you can talk. It will take a whole lot stumbling before you succeed but you must have faith that you can talk fluently.

Lesson 2 – Become Present

I was everywhere in my head except in this present moment. I would constantly be thinking two sentences ahead of me to assess if there were any words or phrases that were going to make me stutter.

I was constantly in my head wondering if people were going to notice my stutter. My mind was running at 100 miles per hour while I tried to talk. This is terrible.

Ask yourself what’s happening right now that you have to respond to. What words am I expressing right NOW. All that matters is what’s happening right now.

This is key to reducing your anxiety.

Lesson 3 – Go For It

Lessons 1 & 2 are easy. Now comes the hard part. You must believe that everything will turn out for the best and simply go for it.

Don’t get me wrong. I still have to remind myself to simply go for it. I simply start talking and I worry about correcting course along the way. Do I ever stutter?

Yes I sometimes do but EVERYONE stumbles upon words every now and then. EVERYONE. It’s called a mistake. Keep going.

Lesson 4 – Forget The End Result

This one is huge and this one is related to being present. Forget about the end result. Who cares what happens. We are all going to die one day so why worry about every little bad thing that can happen.

Don’t try to plan a perfect scenario. Rarely do things happen the way they were intended to happen. Have a vision of where you want to go but be open to the constant changes that will occur along the way.


Don't Forget, Must Follow on Twitter..

0 Comments: